Monday, November 30, 2009

ABCs of Gratitude

Inspired by the too-often overshadowed holiday of Thanksgiving, the Daily U's list of things to be grateful for, and, for some reason, the thing that I am grateful for that is associated with the letter K, I decided we need to make a similar list. A new letter every day. If we actually post one every day, that would put us at Z right around Christmas. I make no guarantees.
Some of the things will be serious, some probably trite, and some just plain ridiculous (because remember how I am ridiculous? And so is Janna? And that is why we are friends?).

I'll start with a serious one for A.
I'm grateful for...
It is the greatest gift that ever has been or could be given. And Jesus Christ suffered so that each one of us may benefit from it. We can be forgiven of our sins, we will be resurrected, and we have the opportunity to gain eternal life with our Father in Heaven. I cannot imagine the suffering Christ endured. I cannot comprehend the love He has for us that would motivate Him to willingly endure such suffering. But I know that it is real and such a powerful blessing in my life. And I am grateful for it.

3 comments:

Carolyn Quebe Williams said...

Can my comments correspond with the daily letter? I find that post quite...Accurate.

Jill said...

Yes please! (Also, I hope your comment for the letter Q involves the word Quebelicious. Just saying.)

Valerie said...

I love that video.

What is it that you are grateful for that is associated with the letter K? I'm intrigued.