Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again with the letter O.


Ok, I was running low on ideas for this one.* So I stuck with a no-fail theme of: what do I find amusing? Because I am always grateful for a little amusement. And the O Answer is...onesies!

Exhibit A:
Some treasures Rach and I found at H&M in NYC. Please notice the top 5 features of Rachel's suit:
1. velour
2. belt
3. velour
4. long pants can be hitched up into capris
5. velour

Exhibit B:
One day Janna and her roommates at the time decided to all go buy the onesie footie pajamas and friend Mike decided to go along. Guess who was the only one to actually buy footie pajamas? Of course.

Exhibit C:
This little treasure (ok, fine, I'm bragging because I think it's cool) was hand stitched** by yours truly over the break, and is modeled here by the lovely new nephew, for whom it was created. Really the best part is the family brand (which is a "cross C," as opposed to a "plus C"--don't get it wrong; that's super embarrassing) on the lamb. What can I say besides awesome?
So. I am grateful for onesies and how they pop into my life from time to time.





*And once I skipped one or two days, it was so easy to skip one or two weeks. Slippery slope. My b.
**This process took much longer than expected, so I will partly blame my neglect of this list on the onesie. I wanted a picture of it to include. You're welcome. Also to blame is what else I was doing whilst stitching: watching Season 4 of The O.C. in its entirety in a time period too short for me to feel comfortable admitting. I may have hated on Season 4 a bit in the past (as did many others, as evidenced by the mid-season cancellation), but actually watching it kind of filled me with joy.

And a treat for those of you who read the footnotes (because the children of lawyers who do not read footnotes will STARVE!)...
The Rhino.


1 comment:

Carrie said...

Onesies are pretty awesome. Will can't wait until he fills his out a bit more (and it is more seasonally appropriate).

When I read your first sentence I couldn't believe you had a hard time coming up with things that start with "O," what with the time you spent watching the O.C. over the break. Glad to see you included it too.

Oh, and the word verification I have to type is 'fredi.' haha