Saturday, February 6, 2010

let it Snow!

One of my least favorite things in the world (besides waiting in lines) is being cold.
However, I do love the snow. At least while it is falling in those big, fatty flakes I can catch on my tongue and when it is still fresh and good to play in.

Things snow is good for:
Snowmobiling.
up to Lightning Peak

Building snowmen.
Most recently, with the sisters. Building a snowman that looks like Dad's passport photo.






















Skiing.
I ski these days. I wouldn't necessarily say I'm a skiier, but...ok, maybe I will. I'm a skiier. Just not a good one. That would be Janna.
I figured I've lived in Utah for 7 years now, I may as well learn how to ski. Especially while I can take the class through BYU. Being a student is awesome. Anyway, such a good decision. I'm starting to get a glimpse of why people want to become ski bums.
And I find myself wishing it wasn't so warm for February (what has happened to me?) and wishing it would snow a foot. Or two. Quebes, does your rain dance work for snow?

And of course,
Battle sledding.
Changed my life. And changed the shape of my leg for about a year. Don't worry. That bump is 99% gone now. Thank you Logan and Klompers for a memorable snow season 2008.

4 comments:

Logg said...

You are most welcome. We should be grateful the worst thing that ever happened was your epic bruise, especially with evidence that Klompers appears to be pile driving your face into the ground.

jjangji said...

Let's forget law school and become ski/snowboard bums. Wait, we don't have jobs. We could do that after law school. Wait... I wish there was a way we could hit the slopes at the same time with neither of us having to pay.

Carrie said...

I love the "Dad's passport photo" face. Classic.

Laura said...

I love your posts. The snowman truly does look like padgie's passport pic. The first picture of emily is lovely, along with the one of us from sledding over winter break.