Tuesday, February 2, 2010

RRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

As some good friends have often said, the time for thinking is over; the time for action is now.

So I will stop thinking about what I will post for the letter R and start posting.

I'm grateful for Repentance. Contrary to what I used to think as a kid, repentance is not a punishment; it's a blessing. By not repenting, we are only punishing ourselves, denying ourselves of blessings that God is just waiting to pour out upon us.

I loved Elder Andersen's talk in the last General Conference about repentance.
"The invitation to repent is rarely a voice of chastisement but rather a loving appeal to turn around and to 're-turn' toward God."

It's hard and it can be scary. And it's sometimes hard for me to remember that the Lord already knows how I feel, because He's already been there, for me (see A). And it's only through repentance that I will be able to be healed and be encircled in the arms of my Savior's love, which sounds pretty good to me.

So I'm going to go ahead and say it: worth it.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Nicely said. I agree.

Rachel said...

Good to have you back.