Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Craftiest

I don't know why, but for some reason summer just brings out the crafty side in me, or at least a more intense desire to be so, and this summer is no exception. Lately, Jill and I have embraced the fact that we are going to transition beautifully into old age. We love rocking chairs, cats, prune juice, and...crocheting! (ok some of those might be lies, but i really do love rocking chairs and crocheting)
This is the beginning of the baby blanket I'm making. It may not look like much yet, but just you wait till I'm done with it, it will be the cutest thing you've ever seen...hopefully. I'll keep you updated. Here are the people modeling Jill's recent crocheted creations in Bear Lake. An armband, headband, and my personal fave, a yarmulke.
Crafts and porchin. Best combination ever. Also, see what I mean by aging gracefully? Thank you Jill for looking the part of the perfect old woman here.
Another thing that I'm currently obsessed with, but have not actually participated in the actual crafting of is friendship bracelets! This is a close up of mine and the scratch it left on my hand due to the super glued knot, with Max and the boys in the background. I love BYU football. Love them! Thanks for keeping us together Rachel.

Next up on the craft list...shoe lace bows. I know you want one.

7 comments:

Lindsay Pace said...

Crocheting?! What a good idea! I think I might have to start. I am so proud of you for FINALLY blogging!

jenn + michael said...

You like prune juice?! Blah! I like your crocheting skills though! And the color of that yarn is fantastic.

Cindy said...

you are soooooo old.

its embarrassing when you bring your crocheting out in public.

Jill said...

cindy, it's embarassing when you wear crocheted items out in public...oh wait, no, that makes me really happy. just like a grandma that takes pride when her poor grandchildren wear the horrendous sweaters she has knitted for them. i am old.

Carolyn Quebe Williams said...

Love it....Can you craft me warm things for NYC? I will wear them with such pride! :)

Laura said...

since you have not sent me a birthday present yet jilly, i'd be perfectly happy with a crocheted headband, made with love, just for me!!! or if you really wanted to do some major crocheting, you could make me a sweater with a big L on the front, just like what Mrs. Weasley makes for her kids!

LauraP said...

Janna you did a post, yeah!!! Who is the baby blanket for? When I have children will you crochet them all a blanket?!! Plus I'm loving the shoe lace bow, it sounds so 90's like a bow I once had as a child. Oh and will you learn to crochet me some dish cloths, I love those things!