Thursday, December 3, 2009

D

D is for Dancing.

I am grateful for all things involving dance. I grew up dancing and loved it (I'm having a flash back to that part in Girls Just Want to Have Fun when SJP is introducing herself to her new class and she says she loves to dance and everyone looks and her kind of weird) and I feel like I can say that I appreciate all kinds of dance...except modern, that's not really my thing. I love the occasional SYTYCD episode and let's not even talk about such great dance movies as Step Up and Step Up 2: The Streets etc. Also, who doesn't love a good dance party?

On a boat in NYC


Valentines Day and campfire dance parties













Step Up 2: The Streets

Ballet and Michael Jackson. Classic.

Now if only I had access to the footage from my Good Old Summertime Ballet Recital when I shouted at my friend Rachel on stage that she was doing it wrong. Good stuff I tell you. Good stuff.

Other things that we are grateful for starting with the letter D: dads, deodorant.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Yeah dance parties! D is also for dares and Darren, and the dare that D gave me that weekend to make a snow angel in my swimsuit.

Remember those two random kids who came and hung out with us for a night that weekend? I hung out with one of them here in Boston the other week. Random. It took us forever to figure out where we knew each other from.

jenn + michael said...

You are like SJP! Love it! I also love the many wonderful works that you alluded to in this entry! I say it's top notch!

D said...

Thank you Val. I'm glad someone appreciates me.

Cindy said...

NOT DARREN.

sucka