Saturday, December 19, 2009

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm




Today's thankful letter is M.


I kind of doubt anyone is keeping up anymore after my little bout of not keeping up. Sorry. It's been a busy couple of weeks. But either way, I am still grateful for


Macaulay Culkin.


Not only did he star in some of my favorite movies, Home Alone, My Girl, and Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, but he also starred in one of the most excellent* papers I have ever written.


In order to graduate from law school you have to fulfill a substantial writing requirement. That means a 30 page paper. Ew. Not all classes require a paper, and not all papers meet the criteria for substantial writing (e.g., like I said, 30 pages, your prof has to approve drafts, etc.), so you have to be careful not to get stuck in your last semester with no good classes that will work for substantial writing, forcing you to write about something bo-ring. I decided to do mine last year in Sports and Entertainment Law, writing about child stars and their finances.
Sometimes I make bad decisions. But choosing this class for my substantial writing requirement was a very, very good decision.


Others who had supporting roles in my paper: Dominique Moceanu and Shannon Miller (of the Mag 7, I'm sure you remember), Corey Feldman, Nick Carter, some of the kids from Slumdog Millionaire, and of course MK and Ash (the most financially successful child stars of all time).


Thank you Macaulay!Thomas J. This is what I liked to call my nephew when he was in utero. Now he is Will.

*When I say excellent, I do not necessarily mean high quality. I mean, I got a decent grade, but mostly it was just an interesting-to-me topic and fun to research. I mean, who would think people.com could be a legit source in a law school paper? I did restrain myself from using wikipedia.org, even though that was the most informative source about the BSB's scuzzy manager.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I am definitely still keeping up.

Because it is your "m" day, I feel this picture would have been most appropriate:

http://www.guzer.com/pictures/home_alone.jpg

Haha.

Cindy said...

lou pearlman is a giant dbag.

but i do love me some home alone. just don't ever watch him in 'saved'